November 17th-November 18th, 2018
Address: 732 RED FOX RD
(We can’t guarantee this will come up on gps)
From south of Broken Bow, OK HWY 259/US 70 north:
1. Once you leave Pruett's Food( 201 South Park Drive, Broken Bow, Ok )
stay in the far right lane to take highway 70 East(keep to the right hand lane) you will see the next detour sign immediately after leaving the parking lot.
2. Follow this highway, you will come to a bridge before reaching your next next detour sign on the right hand side of highway (Clouse Road) this road is right before (Bray's Custom Cabinets).
3. Follow Clouse Road until you come to the end, Turn left. Then you will be on Craig Road.
4. Follow Craig Road until you come to a fork.
5. Continue straight then turn right (you are still on Craig Road).
6. Follow Craig road until you come to stop sign.
7. Make a left at the stop sign.
8. Follow road until you come to another fork.
9. Take the left fork (curve) follow road until you come to Captains Quarter's on the River
This is not a formal workshop, this is for photographers that need that camaraderie, inspiration and a different perspective on photography. The idea of this trip is for ANY level of photographer to take advantage of letting all "rules" go and shoot for fun, feed off one another, dance around the campfire and star gaze with a new friend.. most importantly, enjoy a stress free weekend behind the lens. We will document real life moments, true emotions and get portraits taken of ourselves at the cabin. Not that I don't love styled shoots at workshops/shoot outs (as I will continue to do so) but so many times I've been like, "I wish that was of me!" Now, here is our chance to have this. And of course you don’t HAVE to get in front of the lens, but if you want a few different edits of yourself, let’s get it.
Full participation will be required, meaning, to always have camera out and ready to document and share all edited images with the group. We will have a private group on Facebook that I will add you to today where we can all share edits, info, etc. You can not give 100% to your work if your soul is not filled with a reason. Connecting with humans and nature is essential to growth in all avenues of our lives.
Let's get up early and watch the sunrise - or stay up too late around the campfire!!
As soon as you make it to the cabin, we will spend a little bit getting to know each other and start the wine if need be! We will hang out in a shared Airbnb with a few of my very dear friends and husband who will be barbecuing for us Saturday night! They are prepared to bring anything you want protein wise, and anything vegan if you choose. Please send us your choice of main dish and they will prepare it for us! (I wouldn’t bring them if I wasn’t fully obsesesd with their cooking. It’s kind of our thing around here. After getting our things put away, we will head out to the AMAZING scenery down by the river. If you’ve seen the photos of the Airbnb, you’ll know what I mean. And if not, I’ll shoot those over as well. It is a smidge cold as of now and the dang leaves died off WAY faster than expected, but we will have an outdoor shoot as well as an indoor maternity couple shoot in a “comfy lifestyle” setting.
Arrival Time: 1 pm Saturday the 17th
Depart Time: 12 pm Sunday the 18th
1:00 - Meet and Greet
1:30 - Portraits
2:00 - Intro / Strengths / Weaknesses
2:15 - Indoor lifestyle maternity shoot
* How to utilize natural light or manipulate harsh tungsten indoor light.
* Camera settings for indoor scenarios
* Minimal “Anti-Posing”
* Lens selection
3:15 - Break / Open discussion on indoor shoot / Intro into workflow
3:45 - Start outdoor shoot with Engaged Couple
* Outside lighting / In camera Color Usage
* Authentic Emotion
* Anti- Posing” in depth
4:45 - Break / Open discussion on outdoor shoot
5:00 - Sunset Shooting
* Exposing for sky vs exposing for subject
* Color settings
6:00 - Dinner
8:00 - Breakfast
8;30 - Workflow From Import to Export / Personal Editing Techniques
10:00 - Open Discussion
10:30 - Pack Up
11:00 - Check Out
WHAT I NEED FROM YOU:
Steak, Pork, Chicken, or something Vegan?
Choice of Alcoholic Beverage
Blood Type (Jaykay)
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
A laptop with Lightroom (not dire just easier for you to learn by doing)
Snacks Extras etc
Camera Gear (Body / Lens / SD Cards etc)
A good attitude